Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day Two - Sirens from the Past


Red Cross

Registered Ambulance
Posted by Picasa

I was very enthusiastic yesterday when I set out to take my first photos for the Ramey Daily. It's not all taking the photos, but developing them and processing them to create a final image, that I really struggle with. Anyway, I had this old Ambulance in mind that has been parked down the street from my house for my whole life. It's a piece a work you don't see every day. The cracks in the paint, the asymmetrical axel drives, the gas tank on the side of the wheel well. It's gorgeous. I would say... 1940 US Air Force Ambulance.

So, I gave a fair effort at my first real HDR image. You see, I've tried and experimented plenty with HDR (mostly merging non matching photos), but there is something about having to actually have that finished product for the Daily :) I finished processing these two images late last night, after an exciting college basketball final and probably one too many Heinekens!

No comments:

Post a Comment